Wakaflex is a non toxic flexible, self-adhesive flashing designed to replace lead in most modern roofing applications. This lead alternative can be stretched over details whilst dressing to give a smooth, neat and premium lead-like appearance. Wakaflex is BBA approved and stretches up to 50% in length and 15% in width when dressed into the pan of the tile. It comes with perforated release paper, for easy application. Wakaflex is available in lead grey and anthracite, as well as 5 lengths and 2 widths.
BBA Standard Applicable
Roof type for BBA standard
Number of Pieces per Carton/Pack
Number of Pieces per Pallet
- Wakaflex should only be laid on dry, clean and dust free surfaces
- Ensure unsopported gaps between tiles and wall are less than 50mm otherwise ensure additional support is provided
- For profiled tiles the side overlap should cover a complete pan and roll and run to the end of the water channel. For flat tiles the side overlap should be at least 150mm.
- Not suitable for use with bitumin roof coverings or for flat roof applications
- For longer runs ensure a minimum 50mm overlap at all times
Area of application
- Step, cover and abutment flashing at wall and chimney abutments
- Saddle and valley details
- Solar panel installation
Standards and Certifications